Sunday, December 11, 2005

Praha

Just now I earn my daily bread working on the visual development of a live action feature film.
You don't earn any brownie points by painting things. So I work with photo-collage and draw in whatever can't be clipped and pasted.
I have just found these photos that I took in Prague some years ago. I had just begun working with Photoshop...At the time I didn't realise that you could draw and paint with it.
Anyway, I had a bad weekend in Prague: the city seemed steeped in mediaeval gloom and I was coming down with a dose of flu.



10 comments:

Deluria said...

i like the way you see places and things

Elliot Cowan said...

I am especially taken by the middle image - the silhouetted fellow.

limbolo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
limbolo said...

Hello elliot,
I think it's Jan Huss, who was burned at the stake...or one of the guys who was thrown out of a window...or, perhaps it was the one who was locked in a room for ever and ever and commanded to discover the philosopher's stone.

alberto mielgo said...

Those are amazing.
Great dark and scary place!
I love to look at them

Elliot Cowan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Perry Linton Joseph Osuna said...

BEAUITFUL!

Mark McDonnell said...

Wickedly dark stuff. Really nice mood and staging.

MAC

Anonymous said...

These are really inspiring, thanks!

Metin Seven said...

Very atmospheric image! Memories of Nosferatu!